Thursday, June 25, 2009

summer love?


summer has wisped me up from all of the grade nine drama and laid me flat on my ass in Wakefield
last night i slept by my fridge in fear of the heat in my room
Chloe was nestled in sheets beside me
as i tossed in my sleep, thinking
im supposed to find love this summer
but, how do i do that?
shouldn't it find me?
see, this summer it'll be me and my two best friends and thats the way it should be, but my head has already found a way to complicate everything and it is keeping a secret that i'll never tell anyone and it hurts. summer is supposed to be care-free but im already tangled in a mess. things keep happening, and they're as perfect as the quarry water and it seams so crystal clear but then it all fogs over and clouds my image of perfection. i can't think of someone i can tell but why fuck my shit up?
this is going to be the summer to remember, i know that it will be but i think that some of it will be memorable for the worst but then again the best is yet to come.
the sun is setting outside my dining room window and i can't handle the dark without a hand to hold onto and i cant deal with it, i just dont have the capacity to keep the secret.
i like it all, drama's okay with me but this is too much.
to whom this may concern, you wont figure out the secret, you just won't. no one would, no one would think of the possibilities. I cant say too much, someone will figure it out.
sorry "reader" for this piece about summer being so depressing instead of a blog entry about roses and butterflies. This summer will be the best summer of my life and only because of the fact that i have the most amazing friends i could ever ask for.
they'll always be there when i cry and yell and scream and laugh, no matter the place or the feeling i know for fact that they'll be my shoulder and my listener. like them, i'll be there too for both of them, i'll be there. if you two are reading this, i love you
not because of the things you bring to me but because of your smiles, your laughter, your share of my pain, you guys are heaven sent, i sware.
this summer will be perfect even though the fog may cloud my vision.
love you summer, xox

No comments:

Post a Comment